Barcelona Modern Architecture Tour
See the most important modern architectural works in Barcelona
The Modern Architecture Tour is a city tour to the most important works of modern architecture in Barcelona. The route includes some of the European masterpieces such as Torre Hesperia, MACBA, Torre Agbar and Las Arenas, but also lesser-known works such as the bridge and tele-antena by Santiago Calatrava. The tour also focuses on the interaction between architecture, urban development and the Catalan culture.
Since the city began planning the Olympic Games events, some of the world's leading architects have come to Barcelona to build a wide range of emblematic buildings all over the city. Richard Rogers, Norman Foster, Arata Isozaki, Enric Miralles and Jean Nouvel are among the many international architects who have built buildings in Barcelona over the last decades.
Suggested itinerary for the Barcelona Modern Architecture Tour
The itinerary below is a suggestion for a full day tour. However, we can customize the tour and include the monuments you are mostly intererested in.
- Mies van der Rohe's Barcelona Pavilion
- Herzog & de Meuron: The Forum Building
- Richard Meiers Museum of Modern Art in Barcelona
- Richard Rogers: The Hespería tower (lunch in the Hespería tower)
- Richard Rogers: Conversion of the Bullfighting ring Les Arenes
- Jean Nouvel: Torre Agbar
- Arata Isozaki: Sala Sant Jordi
- Santiago Calatrava: Olympic Antenna
- Santiago Calatrava: Bac de Roda Bridge
- Toyo Ito: Torre Fira
- Toyo Ito: Suites Avenue
- Toyo Ito: Fira Area
- Miralles & Tagliabue: Gas Natural building
- Miralles & Tagliabue: Parc Diagonal Mar
- Can Framis by Jordi Badia:
- Miralles & Tagliabue: Mercat Santa Catarina
- Norman Foster: Tele-antena on Tibidabo
- Norman Foster: Studies for Camp Nou
- City planning in the 22@barcelona district
- Herzog and Meurons Forum building
- Jordi Badia & Jordi Framis: Can Framis Museum
- Zaha Hadid: Placa de les Arts
- MBM (Martorell, Bohigas & Mackey): Barcelona disseny Hub
- Unfinished proyects: Zaha Hadid: Torre Espiral & Frank Gehry: La Segrera Station area.
Details & prices for the Modern Architecture Tour
The Tour to the Modern Architecture of Barcelona can be arranged for groups of between 8 and 50 people.
Duration of the Barcelona Architecture Tour
(the tour can be customized)
Prices of the Modern Archtiecture Tour
per person for a Private Modern Architecture Tour. The prices depend on the number of participants and the tour is only orgnized for private groups of minimum 8 people.